On Sat, Aug 3, 2019 at 1:13 AM Rugxulo <rugx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It seems you're aware of existing builds mirrored to iBiblio. (It was
> most likely me who mirrored those, for completeness, but honestly I've
> never used Tcl and don't know of many apps using it. Still, it sounds
> promising.)

TCL is a script language originally created by Dr. John Ousterhout,
who is currently a Professor of Computer Science at Stamford
University.  It's a glue language intended to tie other apps together
in a framework  One popular usage is building test harnesses for
software testing efforts by QA engineers.   The best known usage of
TCL is probably Expect, an application created by Don Libes at the
National Bureau of Standards. Libes built it out of TCL to permit
automated communications between systems that could normally only be
communicated with manually, by parsing responses from remote systems
and sending whata was expected based on them.  (I've used it to do
that.)  TCL also developed a graphical toolkit called TK which has
subsequently been applied elsewhere, like the FLTK toolkit used for
one of the DOS GUI efforts.

I'm fascinated by the inclusion of Sqlite.  That's a *very* widely
used SQL compliant relational database implemented as a single
library.  (Among other things, it's what Firefox uses to store
bookmarks and history among other things - the bookmarks/history file
is an SQLite database.

Having a working SQLite port for DOS is an "Oh! Cool!" moment.  Lots
of possibilities there.
______
Dennis