> Yesterday I tagged and released the first beta test of DOS Frotz 2.50.
> Most of the work that went into the DOS interface focus on improving
> stablity.  I think I've corrected the two outstanding problems with DOS
> Frotz: locking up upon exit and crashing with a "dos mem corrupt" error.
> This only happened with certain games.

could you please be more specific like

what games were this?
do you you think the problems are fixed or is more testing needed?

are there replay sessions available?
as I understand it Frotz should be able to reproduce bugs (and fixes).

>  Please hammer on it, especially on
> real hardware.  I'd like to get some solid figures on speed, memory usage,
> and minimum hardware requirements.

how exactly would we 'hammer on it'
how do we obtain solid figures?

speed of what?

and - please : THIS IS NOT THE LIST TO HAVE DISCUSSIONS OF FROTZ
PERFORMANCE.

Tom