Hi :-)

Rugxulo:

what are the pros and cons of Links2, Dillo, Dillo Plus?

> DOSLFN [TSR] is probably your best bet (although there are other
> alternatives). But LFNs don't work by default (except for DJGPP
> stuff), so not everything supports it.

Michael and others:

For which tools would you like to have support?

I think DIR with LFN already is nice, as are some other
FreeCOM functions. Not sure about ZIP / UNZIP. Imagine
some old game, would it make a difference whether you
can say (the game does not really exist)

bunnyhop "c:\forest level\"

or whether you are forced to either give the level directory
a short file name or run the game as

bunnyhop c:\fores~1\

instead? I could imagine some TSR automatically handling cases
like the latter by having a list what understands LFN and what
not and translating options for the latter.

>> If all the filesystem tools work with Fat32,
>> that would be a massive improvement.

Which filesystem tools do you have in mind?
And which ones do not yet support FAT32?

About the graphics: VGA BIOS often only offers 4:3 VESA
modes, but a graphical browser should at least support
those. And maybe some BIOS tuning TSR could be used to
add higher resolution modes. Such TSR already exist, but
I am not informed whether any of them like newer cards.

> If VESA 2.0 supports it, it could be done. Try SVGAtextmode
> (carefully), at least for text, and see what happens.

Actually even MODE has some very limited support for some
more safe higher resolution text modes. More exotic tricks
are deliberately left to other tools. When things fail,
you always have that reset button to reach out for ;-)
Or if none exists, the three-second-power-button-press.

Eric