Hi Karen,

> As stated, I do not use freedos.
> Is there an infozip archive package on the freedos site?

The links in my previous mail point to pages which
link to both the official homepages of infozip and
7zip and to the freedos copies mirrored on ibiblio:

The infozip copies may seem old, but this probably
means that the dos version of infozip has not gotten
updates from the maintainers recently. It still is
a lot newer than PK zip for dos and supports modern
file names and modern compression methods which may
confuse old PK zip for ms dos.

So I would still recommend to try infozip or better
7zip to unzip files which have troubled your PK zip.

You can download both from our ibiblio mirror.

Regards, Eric

PS: Browsers such as lynx, links and w3m seem to
receive regular updates, maybe somebody could tell
about javascript-versions for them? They have HTTPS.