Hi everybody,

I don't need the actual floppies - but I'd love to have a photo of them.

Interesting thought :-) Might take a moment, but good idea. I also like
the hard blue plastic boxes in which Inmac sold the floppies.

In the meantime, my offer has grown by 20 small 3.5 inch diskettes, as
well as various storage boxes for big and small diskettes. Actually one
can use those for 5.25 inch diskettes to organize CD or DVD, in case
some of you likes a bit of a retro touch :-)

Also, I have another nostalgia problem: After making copies of a few
relevant pages, I think I should finally get rid of my German MS-DOS
4.01 and Windows 3.1 handbooks. Any good ideas for ritual destruction?
Or is anybody still interested in that old stuff? ;-)

Harald, thank you for your offer to extract data from my CP/M floppies!

Going through the link list from Rugxulo, I found out that both cpmtools
and 22DISK offer dozens of possible formats, but to my surprise, none
of them seemed to work?? However, *AnaDisk* is able to check which types
and numbers of sectors exist on each track of a floppy and assuming that
using Win98 as host OS was acceptable, it manages to extract a confusing
pile of sectors from each of the CP/M floppies. I still have to figure
out whether there is sense in that data or whether I should rather seek
help from Harald and his special hardware. For now, I will pause attempts
to extract the floppy contents more thoroughly until new ideas pop up or
until I find out that AnaDisk missed too much of the contents. Apparently
the floppies were 40x8x1 or 40x8x2 with 512 bytes per sector, often with
some un-numbered sectors here and sectors with data errors there? While
almost all MS DOS formatted floppies still worked well - after 35 years!

At the risk of only being able to read, but not reliably write or format
360k disks in the future, I still plan to *throw away* my 360k drive and
keep only the 1200k drive (just in a drawer). Nobody seemed to want the
360k drive or my second 1200k drive yet ;-)

Cheers, Eric

PS: I also still have the original MS-DOS 4.01 floppies, but prefer to
use the original MS-DOS 5.00 diskettes in 3.5 inch in case any need for
any MS-DOS should ever arise again in the future. And there is Win 3.1!