I multiboot FreeDOS on my modern laptop alongside linux, Plan 9, and BSD.
It is by far the fastest OS I have used. What do I do? I run Ability
Office (No cost but non-free :( ), OpenGEM, and edit, or elvis when I
am needing more power. I do a little programming. I also boot into DOS
when I need a distraction free environment (non-multitasking.) With
GEM, I have to boot DOS in safe mode, because otherwise I will get a
blank white screen. I am new to DOS, but I am into old software, so it
is already taken an important place on my hard-disk.
I haven't set it up with interent, it is sort of my "digital
monastary" if you know what I mean.

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 3:27 AM Dean Galloway <dgallowa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I set my Freedos machine up as a GOPHER client.
>
> I know a lot of folks use virtual machines for Freedos, but I'm kind of
> partial to the physical device sitting in the corner.
>
> I've had limited success with web browsing and am yet to find an email
> client that supports IMAP.
>
> Never was much of a game player.
>
> On 12/4/2020 11:01 PM, Bryan Kilgallin wrote:
> > G'day Marv:
> >> I know I'm late to the FreeDos party, but it would help me and maybe
> >> other newcomers to know what you guys do with your FreeDos PCs.
> >
> > At the moment, nothing; I'm waiting for a sore foot to heal before
> > using an old Polar heart-monitor.
> >
> >> I was thinking of utility type things that are easier or more quickly
> >> done in DOS, but I'm wide open to any ideas.
> > Apart from that old application, all I ever did was play Hangman!

Johnpaul T. Humphrey