On 14/12/2020 19:08, ZB wrote:
Guys, I have no issues with AMB neither any other new invention - but...
maybe simpler solution would be to copy solution offered by Tk's "text
widget"? The "side advantage" would be ability to browse the texts prepared
such way under every OS where Tk toolkit is available.

That may be a good idea. Would you mind preparing an 8086-compatible prototype so we can compare both options side by side? It's always nice to have choice.

...which will become "hyperlink", that after being clicked will move you
to a later section of the same file having the header like this:

  <b>5. Settings / preferences</>

<l> means "link"
<b> means "bold>

This is already done and easy to copy

Indeed easy. I'm very interested to see what you can come up with.

On a semi-related note, following "DosWorld's" questions I have added a rationale section in the AMB format spec file, so the thought process behind each element of the format is clearer. I have also converted the format spec itself to an AMB book (a txt version is available as well). The AMB version can be read online here:

http://amb.osdn.io/phpamb.php?fname=archiwum/format-20201215.amb

Mateusz