Il 20.01.2021 01:20 Thomas Mueller ha scritto:

>> Hi, I wanted to
ask a question about dos ethernet driver. I think it's one of the most
satisfying thing using dos to go online. You know the problem: is to
find ad load the driver you need, especially for laptops. Ad it's very
hard. For example I still use an old Acer aspire 1300 ad I load the Via
fetpkt ethernet driver ( thanks to George Potthast driver collection)
and it work fine; so another Acer with Broadcom B44 odi. But maybe it is
luck! Now I am trying to load a diver for a toshiba satellite with
Marvell Yukon eth.card: I found the driver (yukodi driver) and it would
seem to work, and system says it loaded odi packet driver and so on, but
neither Arachne no Link go up on internet. I have a wattcp.cfg (My_ip =
dhcp), as usual, but they fail. ( The laptop is good and goes up on
internet with Slacko/puppy - I've partitioned HD). Any ideas? Or you
think it's now too tiring and useless to go online with dos? (I use pure
freedos 1.2 and 1.3.) Thanks for your interest.

>> Con Tiscali Mobile
Smart 30 4G hai minuti illimitati, 100 SMS e 30 Giga in 4G a soli
8,99€ al mese. http://tisca.li/smart30 [1]

> I remember seeing
Glenn McCorkle's latest Arachne update on www.glennmcc.org [2] in March
2013 but never downloaded it because I woudn't have been able to use
it.

> I have never been online with present computer using FreeDOS,
haven't tried any other DOS; now online with NetBSD.

> Here is what
NetBSD says about my Ethernet, from /var/run/dmesg.boot :

> re0 at
pci2 dev 0 function 0: RealTek 8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet (rev.
0x06)
> re0: interrupting at msix2 vec 0
> re0: Ethernet address
d4:3d:7e:97:17:e2
> re0: using 256 tx descriptors
>
> So I use FreeDOS
very infrequently.

> I wonder if there is any way I could go online
with FreeDOS using PXE boot.

> I would be very limited in what I
could do online with FreeDOS, but it would be nice to prove it can be
done.

> Tom
>
> Thank!, I take advantage of your data on realtek
eth. pci card. I've too a Toshiba laptop with a realTek card and I'll
probe an ethernet driver that looks good with LSM and so on. I'll let
you kow.