Hi,

Both of my real DOS machines also require special packet drivers.
One uses 3c5x9pd.com <http://3c5x9pd.com/>, and the other 3c90xpd.com
<http://3c90xpd.com/>. So, I too need to tweak the “real hardware” stuff.

How does this sound…

Probably update to FDNET:

        If one of those drivers is present in the NETWORK directory,  it will
try to use it with the default settings.

        If  FDNETPD.BAT exists in the NETWORK directory, it will bypass
internal the driver logic in FDNET. Simply try and use that BAT to load a
packet  driver. Afterwards, attempt to initialize DHCP.

The result would be just need to copy one of those drivers to that dir. And for
other stuff, just make a simple bat. Then when the package is replaced or
updated, you don’t need to change anything.

Not perfect. But, I think it would improve things.

:-)

Jerome