On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 at 00:48, Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:

> Please mention a few examples of differences :-)

Different names for config files are the start.

> In that case, I guess you are now using some PC or DR DOS parts
> combined with more modern, smaller drivers popular in FreeDOS?

Nope. I prefer to keep things as original as possible. I use IBM tools
and drivers on PC DOS, if necessary supplemented with MS ones from the
Win98SE boot disk (for example SCANDISK and the MS editor -- I'm not
fond of IBM E). Likewise, DR tools with DR-DOS.

Jim Hall scolded me the last time I posted links, but if you search
with Google on the site liam-on-linux.livejournal.com for "DR DOS" or
"PC DOS", you will find descriptions of what I have done and downloads
of VirtualBox VHD images.

Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lpro...@gmail.com