Hi Liam,

>> Please mention a few examples of differences :-)

> Different names for config files are the start.

If you have only autoexec.bat and config.sys then FreeDOS
will use those. The reason why FreeDOS first tries fdconfig.sys
is that you can install FreeDOS and MS DOS on the same drive
with a boot manager and people wanted to be able to have two
different sets of config files in that case :-) But again, you
can simply use the classic MS DOS style config file names with
FreeDOS as well if you do not need the distinction.

>> In that case, I guess you are now using some PC or DR DOS parts
>> combined with more modern, smaller drivers popular in FreeDOS?

> Nope. I prefer to keep things as original as possible.

In that case, which small classic drivers do you recommend?

Regards, Eric

PS: No, I do not need downloads of other copyrighted DOSes.