Hi Bryan & Frank,

> As you had suggested, on the FreeDOS PC, in C:\MSNET\ I entered "start".
> Then I could ping from that PC to my printer, Ubuntu PC and Ubuntu laptop.

Cool! Thanks for creating the network zip :-) What is
in that start bat file and which packages with which
licenses are required to make this become a reality?

> I had worried that the DOS machine on my network, would
> give easy access from the Internet for gremlins!

Because DOS normally does not run any servers, there is
not much which the gremlins could access. So it depends
on which servers you manually start on DOS: I guess the
plans to talk to your printer will not require anything
server-style to run on DOS, so you should be safe :-)

Regards, Eric