Thanks for the info. I will test more combinations and get back. Yes, I
have seen the reboot commands, so it should be fine. I try restart after
leaving the app, simply from command line.

None of the apps provide any docs that they would require OAKCDROM. I guess
it will work with other Windows CD drivers as well. I can test more. I
guess it will use some native calls to read a specific sectors on a CD.
Perhaps somewhere in the header of the disc. Some combination of bit
mangling and on UDVD2 it will perhaps throw some exception or return empty
data. I don't know if the missing cd error is that the drive is being not
detected by this app or that reading specific sectors returns some error. I
hear floppy A seek, then it finds the CD drive, verify copy protection and
run the app.

Even I downloaded Mass Destruction, some updated version for DosBox, it did
not run and it did complain about this CD drive as well. Another point
against DosBox: I have a second machine with 2x Voodoo 2 SLI. That is very
interesting. I did compare Glide wrappers for DosBox and also native OpenGL
Geforce renderer in Quake 2 versus native Voodoo Glide. It is strange, but
on Voodoo 2 native it looks much better. There is something about the
texture filtering. On Geforce everything looks too much sharp. On Voodoo 2,
the more far the scene is, the more it is blur. So some wall too far is
mory blurry, which quite interesting, it makes it more nice and realistic.
It works like some lense in VR. These imperfections make it look more
appealing, but it might be subjective. Even DosBox glide wrapper cannot
achieve this and it simply redirects OpenGL calls, which results that
Geforce will render everything too sharp, like a software renderer.

First time in my life I have 5.25'' floppy drive and Voodoo 2. So I enjoy
it. I have a job, family and finally can afford the stuff I could not when
I was a kid :-). For some kids, who started on Pentium 3, for them DosBox
might be fine. But for someone who spent most of his life with 486DX2,
486DX4 and Pentium 1 133Mhz, DosBox does not yield the results that would
immersively take me into the game. Also adventure games with Roland
SoundCanvas SC-55 (MT-32) sound completely different. I know there are some
SF SoundFonts you can load inside DosBox and use some virtual synth to play
it, but it is just too much of stuff to set up and too many options and too
many different soundfonts versions mixed with Roland+Korg. On long winter
nights, I can analyze the differences. But having the real box, you just
connect cable and go. That's what I like. Connect cable, hit button, done.

Lukas