Paragon software has a program that will allow you to clone a disk from a smaller to a larger disk with no problem, even the other way too, as long as the blank space on the disk allows the material to fit onto the disk itself.

Also, the difference between 2fTB drives and larger ones is (mostly) a matter of gpart VS. MBR, and of course, the whole EUFI bios system on the various computer systems.  I'm fairly certain there's nothing proprietary about it, though I suppose it's certainly possible that some manufacturers put their own code into the EUFI bios to make things behave differently, though why they'd do so is a mystery to me.

Also, Microsoft sells windows for $100 for the base system, and $200 for the pro version, and that's stand-alone, so there's no reason why windows should cost $215 especially from an OEM, since they pay considerably less for a copy of windows than a retail customer does.

It's all just a load of crap, which is why I build my own machines, and have since the early 90s.  Admittedly, it's getting progressively harder to find the exact patrts one wants these days, especially when it comes to cases with a sufficient number of drive bays (everyone seems to think since everything is online, external drives are unnecessary), but with a bit of judicial searching, it's (usually) possible to locate a suitable case, though pricing is rarely in line with other parts. <sigh>

In any case, apparently, with the EUFI bios systems, it's not possible to run dos without some work, since the BIOS varies too much from standard machines of the past.  It can still be done with emulators and the like, but generally, it is possible to flash a rom bios on a motherboard, if you dig hard enough, or locate a compatible motherboard, but again, that's becoming less and less common.  Generally, if you search for industrial equipment/parts, you can generally find legacy bios support, and setup your machine with one of those motherboards.  That seems to work, though I'm sure even that support will fall by the wayside eventually.

Perhaps, SBC (Single Board Computers) may be the way to go for folks wanting a true dos experience, though I've yet to find one I'd consider suitable myself for a reasonable price.  The pi would be great, but it's an arm processor, so can't do the dos thing without a whole lot of help, so perhaps if someone has some knowledge about an ISA type SBC, I'd sure like to hear about it. I'd love to get my hands on one for myself, it might be fun seeing just how much dos can be run on one of those.