On Sun, 5 Dec 2021 at 18:12, Travis Siegel <tsie...@softcon.com> wrote:

> Paragon software has a program that will allow you to clone a disk from
> a smaller to a larger disk with no problem, even the other way too, as
> long as the blank space on the disk allows the material to fit onto the
> disk itself.

Yup. Heard of it. Never used it. Meant to be good, I think.

> Also, the difference between 2fTB drives

Do you mean 2 TB? Not sure where the F came from.

> and larger ones is (mostly) a
> matter of gpart VS. MBR,

That's GPT vs MBR. "Gpart" is a program.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gpart

> and of course, the whole EUFI bios

It's UEFI, not EUFI. Important to get it right when someone might be
Googling it.

Don't call it a "UEFI bios". A PC either has a BIOS or it has a UEFI.
UEFI is not a type of BIOS; it's a replacement for a BIOS.

It's like saying "a Harley Davidson is a motorcycle car". It's not;
either it's a car, *or* it's a motorbike. It's not both.

Some UEFI firmware can emulate a BIOS -- most, in fact. But not all.

MBR and GPT are partitioning systems. MBR  can be used on any disk up
to 2TB but not more.
GPT can be used on any size of drive but must be used on drives bigger than 2TB.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lpro...@cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lpro...@gmail.com