Excerpt from Liam Proven:

> I have been using NT since the first version, 3.1, in 1993. There is
> no built-in facility or tool to run DOS under it and never has been.
> That is why I asked. This is highly relevant and important to the
> question. There are no "dots" to follow.

> OS/2 2.x and Warp could boot DOS from a floppy, but I don't think even
> they could run it from a disk partition. Not sure; I haven't used OS/2
> in over 25 years.

I remember OS/2 2.x and Warp could run emulated DOS and could also boot and run
a specific DOS, but with limitations.

I ran OS/2 from 1.3 to Warp 4 Fixpack 12 until it crashed and destroyed most
hard drive data sometime during the single-digit days of April 2001.

I even remember my room temperature at that time was 83 F, which was, and still
is, quite comfortable to me.

After that, I was never again able to boot OS/2 even from the installation or
other floppies (Trap 000c or 000e).

I then ran DR-DOS 7.03 much of the time before migrating to Linux Slackware.

Now I see no advantage in OS/2's successors (eComStation, ArcaOS) compared to
choosing between FreeBSD, NetBSD, Linux and Haiku which have the advantage of
being open-source.

Tom