Hi Thomas:

OS/2 2.x and Warp could boot DOS from a floppy, but I don't think even
they could run it from a disk partition.

I used OS/2 Warp 4. Being delighted by the speech-recognition interface!

I ran OS/2 from 1.3 to Warp 4 Fixpack 12 until it crashed and destroyed most
hard drive data sometime during the single-digit days of April 2001.

I struggled to keep it alive. Discovering that my installation disks got corrupted!

I even remember my room temperature at that time was 83 F, which was, and still
is, quite comfortable to me.

My desk temperature is now 27 °C (81 °F).

Now I see no advantage in OS/2's successors (eComStation, ArcaOS) compared to
choosing between FreeBSD, NetBSD, Linux and Haiku which have the advantage of
being open-source.

Being retired, I don't want to pay ongoing licence fees.

But I am working on nerd-dictation. So I've been filling-up its configuration file with exceptions!
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/