On Mon, May 16, 2022, 8:22 PM richardkolacz...@hotmail.com <
richardkolacz...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [..]
> IF I am allowed to quote myself (from a now "dead" topic)
>
> [Freedos-user] Question about FreeDOS 3.0
>

> For anyone curious, the following link is how to custom configure (at
> purchase time) the HP laptop
>

> https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/ConfigureView?urlLangId=&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&storeId=10151&catEntryId=3074457345620032820&quantity=1
>
> From the options at start of page, using Ubuntu (which is free) as a guide
> - one can determine the "cost" of Windows (Pro) to being about   US$215.
> Depending which (of many) links to configure HP zBook G8 you go to, the
> option of FreeDOS 3.0 is not always available - however with the previous
> model (about 1-2 years ago), the G7 version always had FreeDOS 2.0 or
> Ubuntu at no charge (and roughly Windows Pro being at the same price).

[..]

I don't see FreeDOS on the link you shared, so I think that HP ZBook Fury
17 G8 page has changed since you first shared it, or I'm not clicking the
right link to change the OS. (I see only Win 11 pro, Win 10 pro, Win 11
home, and Ubuntu Linux.)

At least HP stopped referring to "FreeDOS 3.0" on their website. I had sent
them a "cease and desist" letter about that, when you originally mentioned
it. We don't have a FreeDOS "3.0" distribution, so I said HP needed to stop
confusing users with that version label. They changed all references from
"FreeDOS 3.0" to just "FreeDOS" after I sent the letter.

Jim