On 18 May 2022, 11:09, Aitor SantamarĂ­a wrote:
Some months ago we discussed about this very precise topic.
I particularly favoured for something like this: let Linux do the job to
adapt to new hardware and FreeDOS live in a emulated 16-bit
environment that real hardware no longer provides.
I am happy that HP proved it to be feasible.

DOS isn't restricted 16-Bit, with VCPI and DPMI there are plenty of
32-Bit-DOS programs out there.

And if HP has a feasible solution with FreeDOS or not, may be in the eye
of the beholder. (They apparently say that it's not themselves, as you
cannot really use the hardware with it. Lack of drivers is just the tip
of the iceberg, with no audio to start with.)

But, yes, Linux can do that. But for me personally, when I have to use
Linux anyway, I do prefer running DOSBox...

Cheers,
A.