On 7/17/2022 7:56 AM, C. Masloch wrote:
On the assumption that DR-DOS is included among the CP/M derivatives, which would agree with the fact that DRDOS, Inc. did sell DR-DOS 7.xx (and the shortlived DR-DOS 8.xx) and so had the rights to those, this means tht EDR-DOS is now free!

For some reason, I'd thought DRDOS has been free for quite some time.

I remember when opendos was released as opensource, (I have a copy of it around here somewhere), but I thought DRDOS was released as freeware sometime after that, though I don't remember where I might have seen that.  I do not have a copy of that, though until recently, I did have a copy of original floppy distribution of DRDOS, but that got lost in our most recent move (or perhaps that was novel dos which is essentially opendos now that I think of it).

But regardless, I seriously thought DRDOS was already free.

I was sure you could download it from their site, unless that was opendos which (afaik) was a later version of DRDOS anyway.

Am I barking up the wrong tree, or is this just me misremembering things?