On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 4:47 PM, Jakub Hrozek via FreeIPA-devel
<freeipa-devel@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 08:57:55AM -0500, Rob Crittenden via FreeIPA-devel
> wrote:
>> Alexander Koksharov via FreeIPA-devel wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Please take a look on a design page here:
>> > https://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Authselect_migration
>> > I would like to
>> >
>> > hear you critics and suggessions.
>>

>> On a non-technical note there are a number of spelling and grammatical
>> errors.
>>
>> You assert that non-SSSD is deprecated. Is that true? And is that
>> because authselect is choosing not to support it?
>
> Yes.
>
>> I'm ok with it and it
>> simplifies options a lot but I don't recall a conversation about that
>> before now. This is particularly important for in-place upgrades.
>
> What kind of a setup has non-SSSD clients? SSSD has been the default
> since RHEL-6 and I even thought the IPA installer dropped support for
> non-SSSD clients, but I haven't really checked.

--no-sssd option in  ipa-client-install was marked as deprecated in
https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/848 (summer 2017). As part of
https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/5860 - spin of
https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/5557. Origin was that IPA client
doesn't bring dependencies for --no-sssd.

I.e. the deprecation is quite new.

Installation without SSSD is AFAIK not tested upstream.

--
Petr Vobornik