Hi,

re-adding the ML to the thread.

On 19/02/2018 10:35, Alexander Koksharov wrote:
@Flo, thank you for a comment. I believe that all these commands do use same code in ipaplatform/redhat/tasks.py So, I have to make these tasks execution to be dependant on a tools available.

In fact the ipa-advise does not call tasks, it rather writes a bash script with commands like the following (obtained with ipa-advise config-client-for-smart-card-auth):
--------
authconfig --enablesmartcard --smartcardmodule=sssd --updateall
if [ "$?" -ne "0" ]
then
  echo "Failed to configure Smart Card authentication in SSSD" >&2
  exit 1
fi
-------

So you will need to address the ipa-advise command separately. You can see the relevant code here:
https://pagure.io/freeipa/blob/master/f/ipaserver/advise/plugins/smart_card_auth.py#_293

There are also other ipa-advise commands that use authconfig (config-fedora-authconfig, config-redhat-sssd-before-1-9, config-generic-linux-sssd-before-1-9, config-redhat-nss-pam-ldapd, config-generic-linux-nss-pam-ldapd, config-redhat-nss-ldap).

I would like to rise another concern about authselect.
Currently we also use "authconfig --savebackup" and "authconfig --resorebackup" but there are no alternative options provided by authselect. I suspect that backup/restore was not even considered by authselect developer as the tool is only activating precofigured configurations.
Could you please comment on this issue?

You would need to ask confirmation to Pavel Brezina, but in backup/restore we will need to retrieve/re-apply the configured profile (need to check the "authselect current" command).

Flo

Alexander