On 06/11/2015 01:41 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 06/11/2015 01:11 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

On 06/11/2015 12:53 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 06/11/2015 12:35 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

On 06/11/2015 12:19 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 06/11/2015 10:22 AM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 06/10/2015 03:13 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
topology plugin doesn't properly handle:
- creation of segment with direction 'none' and then upgrade to
other
   direction
- downgrade of direction

These situations are now forbidden in API.

part of: https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4302

ACK

Looking at Ludwig's path 12, the patch completely forbids mod of
ipaReplTopoSegmentDirection?
that's what I thought we agreed on,

I thought, that we will only complain loudly on downgrade of connection.

so you would have to add a segment
in the opposite direction an they would be merged to both,
but maybe this is a bit strict.

This could work as well, but:

I just tried (without patch 12) to create:
1. A to B, left-right: success
2. B to A, right-left: "Server is unwilling to perform: Segment
already exists in topology or is self referential. Add rejected."
yes, B to  A, right-left is the same as A-B, left right

Sorry, you are right, I wrote it badly. I'm not sure if the servers are
broken from testing and previous bugs. Maybe I should reinstalled, but
I'm experiencing following weird behavior:

A-B segment, doesn't exist.

1. A to B, left-right: success
2. A to B, right-left: "Server is unwilling to perform: Segment already
exists in topology or is self referential. Add rejected."

If I try different direction (started with 4 segments):
1. A to B, right-left: success, 5 segments exist
2. A to B, left-right: success, 4 segments exist - the new ones are gone

Martin, can you reproduce it?

I'm currently working on something else, but will fetch some fresh VMs and try to reproduce this glitch ASAP.

I.e., the upgrade didn't happen.

I could allow for
ipaReplTopoSegmentDirection replace: both
So that upgrade from right-left and left-right to both is not
allowed?  If so then this patch needs to be updated.
depends a bit on what you prefer and what we can get in for alpha.

Depends what's better, I already have adjusted patch for ^^ so it's
not about the work.
so lets take the changes to your patch and we could still extend
functionality a bit for beta or later

OK, attaching rebased patch.

--
Martin^3 Babinsky