On 06/12/2015 06:34 PM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 06/11/2015 01:41 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 06/11/2015 01:11 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

On 06/11/2015 12:53 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 06/11/2015 12:35 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

On 06/11/2015 12:19 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 06/11/2015 10:22 AM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 06/10/2015 03:13 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
topology plugin doesn't properly handle:
- creation of segment with direction 'none' and then upgrade to
other
   direction
- downgrade of direction

These situations are now forbidden in API.

part of: https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4302

ACK

Looking at Ludwig's path 12, the patch completely forbids mod of
ipaReplTopoSegmentDirection?
that's what I thought we agreed on,

I thought, that we will only complain loudly on downgrade of
connection.

so you would have to add a segment
in the opposite direction an they would be merged to both,
but maybe this is a bit strict.

This could work as well, but:

I just tried (without patch 12) to create:
1. A to B, left-right: success
2. B to A, right-left: "Server is unwilling to perform: Segment
already exists in topology or is self referential. Add rejected."
yes, B to  A, right-left is the same as A-B, left right

Sorry, you are right, I wrote it badly. I'm not sure if the servers are
broken from testing and previous bugs. Maybe I should reinstalled, but
I'm experiencing following weird behavior:

A-B segment, doesn't exist.

1. A to B, left-right: success
2. A to B, right-left: "Server is unwilling to perform: Segment already
exists in topology or is self referential. Add rejected."

If I try different direction (started with 4 segments):
1. A to B, right-left: success, 5 segments exist
2. A to B, left-right: success, 4 segments exist - the new ones are gone

Martin, can you reproduce it?

I.e., the upgrade didn't happen.

I could allow for
ipaReplTopoSegmentDirection replace: both
So that upgrade from right-left and left-right to both is not
allowed?  If so then this patch needs to be updated.
depends a bit on what you prefer and what we can get in for alpha.

Depends what's better, I already have adjusted patch for ^^ so it's
not about the work.
so lets take the changes to your patch and we could still extend
functionality a bit for beta or later

OK, attaching rebased patch.
ACK

Pushed to master: 6b153ba876edf1ed9249ed29420a4af2b2e1830d
--
Petr Vobornik