Thank you Rob. Here are a few more details:

- Yes the missing account is found in two different LDIF files in the export:
DOMAINNAME-COM-userRoot.ldif and DOMAINNAME-COM-ipaca.ldif

- DirSrvErrorsLog from imports show the next warnings:
WARN - import_producer - import userRoot: Skipping entry
"uid=missing.account.name,cn=users..." which violates attribute syntax, ending
line 32805 of file
"/var/lib/dirsrv/slaprd-DOMAINNAME-COM/ldif/DOMAINNAME-COM-userRoot.ldif"
there are another two WARN a some of lines before the one above:
WARN - load_config_dse - Config Warning: - nsslapd-maxdescriptors: invalid
value "8192", maximum file descriptors must range from 1 to 4096 (the current
process limit). Server will use a setting of 4096.
and then:
WARN default_mr_indexer_create - Plugin [caseIgnoreIA5Match] does not handle
caseExtractIA5Match

There are other WARN and ERR events, but they occur later. They are connected
to cos_plugin, replication, attrcypt_init and set_krb5_creds.

I should also add that the minor versions of IPA are different on export and
import server.
Export was made on version 4.6.8-5.el7.centos.11.x86_64, while import was made
on version 4.6.8-5.el7.centos.15.x86_64
There are no ERROR lines in ipaupgrade.log and the command was successful.

Judging by https://access.redhat.com/solutions/5520131 it looks like one or
more attributes of this user is not valid. Looking at entries at
DOMAINNAME-COM-userRoot.ldif for this user I couldn't find any outliers in its
attribute values. How can I troubleshoot which attribute is invalid for this
user?

Janes