Well that was it. I added the 255.255.255.254 and have had it running all
day, no problems so far.

Thanks again  Alan.

On Friday 01 February 2002 01:49 pm, you wrote:
> Lee W <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Right now I have the 3com handling the pools not FreeRadius. I was
> > told on this list that Freeradius can't handle a upper limit on
> > address pools, that you can set a start limit with
> > Framed-IP-Address, and it will assign up from said IP so I should
> > use my hardware.
>
>   Yes.
>
> > The RFC said Framed-Pool should be a string of the assigned address
> > pool, if supported by the NAS so I think thats what I'm doing.
>
>   You should double-check your NAS documentation for what *it* wants.
>
> > The Framed-IP-Address RFC said that a set a value of 0xFFFFFFFF
> > indicates that the NAS should allow the user to select an address
> > (e.g. Negotiated) and the value 0xFFFFFFFE indicates that the NAS
> > should select an address for the user (e.g. Assigned from a pool of
> > addresses kept by the NAS. Which in my case would be (pool1). So the
> > only thing I can think I'm missing is the 0xFFFFFFFE setting for
> > Framed-IP-Address. Am I close, or did I miss the boat all together?
> >
> > :-)
>
>   You should probably do that.
>
>   Alan DeKok.
>
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Lee Wolf
EMR Data Services
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
623-764-0870 cell
623-581-0842 voice
623-582-9499 fax

                 EMR Internet
           A Serious Internet Experience

**  56K Dial-up   **    DSL   **  Web-hosting  **
**  Co-location   **    T1s   **     ISDN      **
**  High-Speed Fiber Backbone ** Linux powered **
**   Custom Web Design  **   Site Development  **
**  Search Engine Placement & Web Consultation **
****      Visit us at http://www.emr.net!    ****

Ask about our reseller programs!

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html