We've been fighting a weird problem today - our FreeRadius would run
for anywhere from two minutes to two hours, then CPU utilization would
shoot to 100% and no one could log in anywhere on the network.

  After much fruitless fiddling with radiusd by one of the other
engineers I got involved and put tcpdump on the problem.

  I'm always on users about picking decent passwords - you can imagine
my surprise at discovering one of our windows XP customers presenting a
sixty four *thousand* character password. He has an impressive typing
speed, too, about 124,387 wpm to judge by the number of login requests
coming through. Even more impressive, he appears to be telekinetic,
since he was doing this while out of town :-)

 So, if you've got XP customers running the M$ PPPoE that comes with the
OS, and you're having weird authentication problems, you might want to
get out your favorite sniffer and start digging.

--
Neal Rauhauser CCNP, CCDP                       phone: 402-951-6390
http://AmericanRelay.com                        fax  : 402-951-6390