"McNutt, Justin M." wrote:

> Okay, new question:
>
> Now that I have the NAS talking to the RADIUS server properly,
I need the RADIUS server to use something other than hard-coded
passwords
when it authenticates using Auth-Type := EAP.  Here's an example from
/usr/local/etc/raddb/users:

> gilpina         Auth-Type := EAP
>                 Port-Priority = Platinum,
>                 Tunnel-Private-Group-Id = "201",
>                 Tunnel-Type = 13,
>                 Tunnel-Medium-Type = 6,
>                 Service-Type = Framed,
>                 NAS-Port-Type = Ethernet
>
> What would be the proper syntax for something like this:
>
> gilpina    Auth-Type := EAP, Password == PAM
>
> or
>
> gilpina    Auth-Type := EAP, Password == Unix

There are 2 types of EAP authentications that are currently supported by
Freeradius
1. EAP-MD5
2. EAP-TLS

The one which you tested is EAP-md5. It is just similar to CHAP
authentication.
It works only with PLAIN TEXT passwords.
So if you have plain text password stored in files, database or LDAP,
then it works.

EAP-TLS is Certificate based authentication.

--
 (( ))

 |.|  HereUAre !!
 |_|  (( Raghu ))