On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Adi Linden wrote:

> > Add an attribute like radiusMaxDailySession in your ldap schema (and in the
> > radiusprofile aobjectclass). Also add it in ldap.attrmap like:
> >
> > checkItem   Max-Daily-Session               radiusMaxDailySession
> >
> > Then you can just set it to whatever value you wish for each user.
>
> Great, this is exactly what I'd like to happen.
>
> > > How do I retrieve the pool information from ldap? Can I keep the poolname
> > > in an attribute such as knetRadiusPool? Where do I define the pool and
> > > associated ip addresses?
> >

> > You could either use the radiusReplyItem like this:
> >
> > radiusReplyitem: Cisco-AVPair := "ip:addr-pool=mypoolname"
> >
> > or create your own attribute which you should add to the radiusprofile
> > objectclass and ldap.attrmap.
> > You define the pool inside your nas.
>
> Can I define an attribute to contain the profile a user belongs to and
> then refer to this attribute value in the users file?
>
> "doc/rlm_ldap" has a section:
>
>   USER PROFILE ATTRIBUTE:
>
>   The module can use the User-Profile attribute. If it is set, it will
>   assume that it contains the DN of a profile entry containing radius
>   attributes. This entry will _replace_ the default profile directive.
>   That way we can use different profiles based on checks on the radius
>   attributes contained in the Access-Request packets. For example (users
>   file):
>
>   DEFAULT Service-Type == Outbound-User, User-Profile :=
>"uid=outbound-dialup,dc=company,dc=com"
>
> I assume that the User-Profile refers to the following line in
> "radiusd.conf":
>
>   # profile_attribute = "radiusProfileDn"
>
> Will this work if the DN doesn't exist on the ldap server, or can I use
> any string instead of valid DN and have this in ldap:
>
>   radiusProfileDn: knetonly
>
> and in users:
>
>   DEFAULT Service-Type == Framed-User, User-Profile == "knetonly"

No you can't. Both have to point to valid DN's in your tree. The
profile_attribute is an attribute contained in the user entry pointing to the
profile to be applied for the user, while User-Profile contains the profile to
be applied in special cases instead of the default profile (I use it to
implement Large Scale Dialout where I don't need the default reply items
contained in the default profile).

--
Kostas Kalevras         Network Operations Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      National Technical University of Athens, Greece