=?utf-8?B?6ICA6YC4?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> so the "authorization" in the FreeRadius means "gather the information for
> authentication", am I right?

  Yes, but it does more than that, too.  It also gathers the
authorization information (IP address, etc.) that the server *may*
return to the NAS>

> In the usual concept, the authorization means "I know who you are, then I
> give you your rights (or privileges)", like how long you can access the
> network.
> So the "authorization" in the FreeRadius is different from the usual
> concept. If I am not correct, please correct me, thank you.

  No, it's not.  Please go back and read the previous discussion on
the list.  The confusion you have was the start of the previous
discussion, and there were many examples given to correct it.  The
messages SHOULD make it clear what authorization does.

  *All* RADIUS servers handle authorization the way FreeRADIUS does.

  Please read the RFC's.  The *only* way to implement them, even with
your definition of "authorization", is to do it exactly the way
FreeRADIUS does.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html