> > 3.the AP uses the key received from Server to encrypt WEP key.
>
> AP actually produces two WEP keys, a broadcast and a unicast keys and
> then send those encrypted to the supplicant, using EAPOL-Key method.

Does anyone have a clue how the AP selects the right key to use as the
key-mapping-key? I've been assuming all along that the MPPE-Send-Key is
truncated to the correct number of bits, and used directly to WEP
encrypt traffic between it and the STA, but that doesn't work. I see
rumblings in some documents about key generation, but it isn't clear
that the AP itself must handle key generation, and that the RADIUS
server performs the key generation, which is then encoded in the MPPE
attributes.

Thoughts?

PatC

-