On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 10:07:34AM -0500, Roy Wills wrote:
> hmmm....id ont think i am explaining this very well. I need some users to only have
>access for a week
> (ie: monday to following monday) and some users have a month of access (ie: Jan 1 to
>Jan 31). I do not
> think that actuall session times are going to work in this case since they are not
>actually doing a
> traditional dial-in setup. Radius is just there to have centralized authorization
>for about 6 networks
> across the city. Is there an attribute to allow from first login to say disable
>after 7 days or 30 days?

i suspect you'll have to use perl/python and friends to write a script
to check through their logs, and when they reach their limit, modify
their password so they can no longer authenticate properly.

I'm in the middle of doing something similar to work with pre-paid
accounts, but i'm in no position to be giving out code at this time.
in my case, however, i'm adding a Framed-Address reply for that user,
(made easy by using mysql for auth/logging) which belongs to the rfc1918
address range. this allows me to filter any web requests to our own
webpage, whch displays an appropriate message (since windows ignores any
ppp messages iirc) allowing us to let them on, but not to do anything
useful (stops people who have autodial from dialing up a fortune in
connect/disconnect charges)

Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley