-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Tim D.
McCracken
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2003 6:33 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Most Popular method for managing users in FreeRadius

I am using RODOPI for provisioning and billing.  I have just turned it
up in the last month or two. It has 'event scripts' capability.
Basically
anytime a user add, change, or delete is done, it calls some external
system that you create to update your external systems such as
FR, e-mail, etc...   (www.rodopi.com)

You do have to 'roll your own' interface code, but the scripts support
a variety of interfaces and different people do it different ways. In
my case I developed some C++ code that runs as a DOS batch file, that
RODOPI creates and then executes.  (Well it is supposed to, it is
creating the DOS file right now, and they are fixing a bug that is
keeping it from executing it.  RIght now I just duble click the batch
file to get it to execute.)  Most people probably don't do it the
way I did, but I already had most of the code developed and it took
me about 2 days to adapt it.

I am using FR/MySql, so my code uses the MySql C API to connect to
the MySql DB on my Solaris servers and inserts, updates, or deletes
records in the usergroup, radcheck and radreply tables.

Rodopi runs on Win2000, but it can be made to work with most any system
that can be IP networked, since the event scripts support a bunch of
different technicques.

I also use CGPro e-mail software running on solaris, and I have it
tied to RODOPI as well.

One other nice thing about RODOPI is that the configuration and
user interface is totally web based.  So it is easy to run from
anywhere.  Of course, you want it behind a firewall...

Tim

O'Neil
> Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2003 2:57 AM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Most Popular method for managing users in FreeRadius
>

> Ok... I'm a newbie to the whole radius thing, and yes, I have the book
on
> order....
>
> Besides the tool 'dialup admin' that comes with FreeRadius and
manually
> adding/removing users to the DB with any number of tools like
> phpmyadmin, what
> is everyone using to manage users with FreeRadius/MySQL?
>
> Specifically, I'm wondering if there are any accounting/billing
> packages that
> add/remove/modify users automatically, or if I'm going to have to
> 'roll my own'
> and interface it to some accounting & billing package.
>
> Can it be easilly interfaced with MikroTik to add/remove users,
> or ISPGold, or
> Emerald (etc...)?
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See