27-Jan-03 at 14:37, Tim Jung ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote :
> I saw this posting and wanted to ask a few questions. Has anyone setup
> FreeRADIUS so it authenticates users and stores the accounting logs in
> MSSQL for use by Rodopi? I am interested in knowing if anyone has setup
> FreeRADIUS and Rodopi together so that pre-paid cards and dialup account
> time limits work and limit a users time so when they reach the limit it
> will kick them off by setting the session length correctly.
>
> If anyone has any pointers for this information I would appreciate it. We
> are already using Rodopi to import standard RADIUS logs and make the users
> file, but would prefer to see this integrated better so we can suppose
> pre-paid cards. In case it makes any difference we would like to run
> FreeRADIUS on our Red Hat Linux server. Right now we are running Cistron
> which as you know isn't really setup for pre-paid cards.

This would be interesting for me too, but I haven't had the time to
implement it yet. I don't think you need it to store to MSSQL, you can
just have RODOPI send the right attributes upon account creation/renewal
I think.

Let me know how you get on and come back with more specific questions.
I'm familiar with Rodopi 5.1...

--
|-Simon White, Internet Services Manager, Certified Check Point CCSA.
|-MTDS  Internet, Security, Anti-Virus, Linux and Hosting Solutions.