Owen DeLong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi...  I'm having trouble figuring out how to get configure to build
> FreeRadius correctly.  I have a situation where openssl, sasl, openldap
> are all installed, but, configure isn't finding them.  They are installed
> in a structure like:
>
> /usr/local/sasl
>       /include        Includes
>       /lib            Libraries

  Yuck.  That's definitely non standard, and a big source of the
problem.

> binaries are under /bin, and other directories may be present depending
> on the package.  Anyway, I can't figure out how to tell configure to
> handle this.  In other packages, I've been able to do something like
>
> configure --with-openldap=/usr/local/ldap
>
> and it has worked.  However, with FreeRadius, that only seems to allow
> it to find the include files.  It doesn't seem to add the -L flags to
> the linker.

$ cd src/modules/rlm_ldap/
$ ./configure --help

  And you should get some help text.  Did you try that?

> This is a somewhat urgent need, so I'm hoping someone can respond quickly
> with the simple answer to my question.  Also, it would be nice if the
> list archives were searchable by subject somewhere.  If I get a good
> enough response, I'll try to submit applicable diffs for the INSTALL
> document to help prevent this question from coming up again.

  It's a rare situation, and one due to local misconfiguration, in my
personal opinion.  We've had other posts saying:

   "But I installed the libraries in
   /opt/stuff/january/package/version/new/lib, and FreeRADIUS couldn't
   find them.  What's wrong with it?"

  The response then, as now, is "don't do that."

  If all else fails, you can do:

$ CPPFLAGS="-I /weird/stuff"
$ CFLAGS="-I /other/weird/stuff"
$ LDFLAGS="-L/even/weirder/stuff -llib"
$ export CPPFLAGS CFLAGS LDFLAGS
$ ./configure

  and it will work.  'configure' is designed to do that.

  So you have multiple options to get FreeRADIUS working on your
system, and none involve patches or changes to FreeRADIUS.

List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html