*FAIL: Appears to be missing crypto*

> configure:7921: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -D_REENTRANT
> -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -Wall -D_GNU_SOURCE -DNDEBUG   c
> onftest.c -lnsl -lresolv -lsocket -lposix4  -lpthread -L/usr/lib -lsnmp
> 1>&5
*FAIL: Appears to be missing crypto*

> configure:7943: gcc -o

Aah, drat... That next set would have been helpful, since the next thing
configure tries is to link in crypto as well....

Mind you, your configure's slightly different to mine...
I have offsets 7918 and 7940 for the last test and the truncated test.

Still, the next lines will help establish if SNMP was compiled in or not.

Paul "TBBle" Hampson
Bubblesworth Pty Ltd (ABN: 51 095 284 361)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

The Creation of the Universe was made
possible by a grant from Texas Instruments.
        -- PBS