I thought I'd try reposting this under a more descriptive title :)

Let's say that I have two completely different profiles, but they have the same User-Name.

(This is not a situation that I would have thought crops up very often, but I'm reading some Cisco SSG documentation and from what I can tell, you can have regular user profiles, but also user "quota" profiles which are accessed with the same User-Name but which returns different attributes in the Access-Accept)

Let's say you distinguish between the two different profiles in the Access-Request by the presence of one attribute, i.e. if a certain attribute is there, you want one profile; if the attribute isn't there, you want the other profile. Both profiles are returned via an Access-Accept.

How would one do this sort of thing in FreeRADIUS?

Within an sql module definition block, is there anyway to check if a certain attribute exists in the Access-Request and, depending on the result, chose which SQL statement to execute for the check/reply attributes?

Or do I have to do some stuff with Configurable Failover? In this case, the only think I can think of is to have two sql modules (since my profiles are in an Oracle database). One module would check for the presence of the attribute and return if successful, and the other module would simply return the other profile (only, of course, if the first module failed). This seems to be a really heavy solution (double the number on sql connections ? ). Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!

Desmond