At 12:43 PM 7/9/2003 +0000, Desmond Rivet wrote:
I thought I'd try reposting this under a more descriptive title :)

Let's say that I have two completely different profiles, but they have the same User-Name.

(This is not a situation that I would have thought crops up very often, but I'm reading some Cisco SSG documentation and from what I can tell, you can have regular user profiles, but also user "quota" profiles which are accessed with the same User-Name but which returns different attributes in the Access-Accept)

Let's say you distinguish between the two different profiles in the Access-Request by the presence of one attribute, i.e. if a certain attribute is there, you want one profile; if the attribute isn't there, you want the other profile. Both profiles are returned via an Access-Accept.

How would one do this sort of thing in FreeRADIUS?

janedoeuser Auth-Type := Blah, Attribute-You-Want == Check Reply-Items = Go-Here, ...

janedoeuser   Auth-Type := Blah
   Other-Reply-Items = Go-Here,

This is covered in the users file documentation.

-Chris
--
   \\\|||///  \          StarNet Inc.      \         Chris Parker
   \ ~   ~ /   \       WX *is* Wireless!    \   Director, Engineering
                  \ Wholesale Internet Services - http://www.megapop.net