On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:57:05 -0400
"Alan DeKok" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Graeme Hinchliffe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > OK, What should I be looking for?  all I see is details from the
> > radius requests scrolling up the screen, is there anything I should be
> > looking for as an indication of it being held back?
>
>   Pauses.  That's about it.
>
>   The server could really do with some additional stats to keep track
> of *which* module is blocking forever.

The only time I saw pauses (of about .5 of a second) was when messages like "Sleeping
for 3" appeared, the server never seemed to pause waiting for a responce or other such
item.

Also when running -X the server isn't running threadded is it? hence if there is a
problem with the thread code this would not show it?

At present the servers seem to service requests quite happily, but the number of
threads creeps up and up until it hits the upper limit regardless of what timeouts I
set or requests per server settings I set.  And this is the case when under a low load
with only around 5 requests a second.

Even when there are 403 requests the db's respond instantly to requests I have put in
manually.

Nothing seems to be running slowly on the system, it is not running any other
processes (other than general OS ones).

And the only modification I have made to the code was to stop it sending out reject
messages when the db is not present (which it hasn't run), essentially hardcoding the
'handled' behaviour into our daemons.

--
-----
Graeme Hinchliffe (BSc)