On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:20:57 -0400
"Alan DeKok" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Graeme Hinchliffe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > indeed. but 403 threads is a little excessive for the load of 1 or 2
> > requests every 5 seconds.  Only need that many threads when the load
> > is very high.
>
>   Or, if each thread takes forever to process a request.
>
> > >   Then something else is causing the thread to take a long time to
> > > process a request.
> >
> > any ideas? or pointers at what I should look at?
>
>   Run it in debug mode and watch where the time is spent.

by this do you mean the -X flag or some other debug option?

> > How do I get it to cull down threads during quiet times then?
>
>   See the 'spare threads' directives.

I have max_spare_threads set to 6 and min set to 3.  I have also set the
max_request_time to 5.  The databases are responding quickly and are indexed.  Yet the
number of threads is steadily creeping up even tho not under very much load.

--
-----
Graeme Hinchliffe (BSc)

ICQ 3842605 (link)