Paul Hampson wrote:

> [...]

As an other possibility you might call check-radiusd-config in the
debian init.d script before starting the serveur. The init.d script
of Apache (for example) do that.

It could be wise to call check-radiusd-config too before doing a
reload. If radiusd.conf is broken we don't stop a already running
server.

Looking at the source of check-radiusd-config I think it doesn't
proceed properly, or to be more accurate, it doesn't do what I expect
it to do. It should _only_ test the config, but it launch the whole
server on port 32768 (including instantiating modules, opening db
connexions, etc.) and kill it 2 sec later.

I think FreeRADIUS should provide a -t option (like Apache) to test
its configuration file. It's a trivial thing to do. I'm going to do it
very soon (so it may go in 0.9.2) and post a patch on the -devel
mailing list.

--
Nicolas Baradakis