On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 10:17, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Rob Hinst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > radius_xlat:  ''
> >   modcall[authorize]: module "sql" returns fail for request 0
> > modcall: group authorize returns fail for request 0
> > There was no response configured: rejecting request 0
>
>   Maybe those lines mean something...

Obviously.. but I thought I had configured a response (otherwise I
wouldn't have written). I'm trying to auth as robtest/test. My radcheck
table looks like this:

+----+----------+-----------+----+-------+
| id | UserName | Attribute | op | Value |
+----+----------+-----------+----+-------+
|  1 | robtest  | Password  | == | test  |
+----+----------+-----------+----+-------+

and my usergroup table looks like this:

+----+----------+-----------+
| id | UserName | GroupName |
+----+----------+-----------+
|  1 | robtest  | dialup    |
+----+----------+-----------+

I assumed that this means that radiusd will check for a response for the
user named robtest in radreply (which is currently empty), and then fall
back to use the default group settings for the group named dialup. My
radgroupreplay table looks like this:

+----+-----------+--------------------+----+---------------------+------+

+----+-----------+--------------------+----+---------------------+------+
|  1 | dialup    | Framed-Compression | := | Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP |    0
|
|  2 | dialup    | Framed-Protocol    | := | PPP                 |    0
|
|  3 | dialup    | Service-Type       | := | Framed-User         |    0
|
|  4 | dialup    | Framed-MTU         | := | 1500                |    0

Apparently there's a flaw in my reasoning somewhere along the line
otherwise it would work. I was hoping someone here would be able to
point out the problem (sans sarcasm, please).

Thanks,
Rob

-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html