Hi Alan,

Thanks for the response, sorry to be a continuing pest, but I've added a
few additional comments/questions inline:

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 11:25, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Rob Hinst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Obviously.. but I thought I had configured a response (otherwise I
> > wouldn't have written). I'm trying to auth as robtest/test. My radcheck
> > table looks like this:
>
>   The error messages were definitive, in that they showed the 'xlat'
> routine returning *nothing*.
>
> > Apparently there's a flaw in my reasoning somewhere along the line
> > otherwise it would work. I was hoping someone here would be able to
> > point out the problem (sans sarcasm, please).
>
>   To me, it doesn't look like the SQL database is being queried at
> all.

Right. In my original e-mail, I said that the sql database isn't being
queried at all. I set up query logging and nothing was coming across. As
you can see from the debug output, however, the server is successfully
making the connections to sql when the sql module initializes.

This is what the authorize and authenticate sections of my radiusd.conf
file look like. Basically, I had it working properly off of the unx
passwd file, and then i added "sql" to the authorize section and removed
"files". I also removed "unix" from the authenticate section. Can you
offer any suggestions as to why the server wouldn't even attempt to
query sql?

authorize {
        preprocess
        sql