Alan DeKok wrote:

Brian Clarkson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

i didn't think it would be in the middle of the conversation. i just was unclear as to which part of the conversation sent it. and why is FreeRAD expecting to see it if it's not added by the AP/ NAS but initiated by the client?

Because the NAS forwards it to the server.

so either the WinXP supplicant isn't sending it *or* the NAS is stripping it out for some reason? ( if i'm understanding correctly ).

this is what i thought the behaviour was, but it wasn't making sense to me that the packet isn't there. ( or the portion of the packet. )

 No.  It's only Local because some configuration entry forced it to
be Local.

So then do I need to change the Auth-Type to "eap" ( or "EAP" or "eap-peap" ... ).

Please don't. The server will figure out what to do on it's own.

i didn't think i needed to, but i'm grasping at straws trying to get this to work.

i have another NAS to use to verify whether the current WAP/NAS is or isn't the issue. i'll be configuring that soon.

thanks again.

--brian