On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 14:55, Bob Ross wrote:
> Is there any documentation on the migration process from Cistron 1.6.6 to
> FreeRadius?
>
> Slackware 9.1 kernel 2.4.22
>
> I downloaded and extracted FreeRadius 0.93, configured/compiled with no
> errors. Did not yet do a make install yet because I wanted to make sure.
> This is a production server and can't risk a major outage. I would like to
> have both running until I'm sure all the processes are running as they
> should be. Like running freeRadius on port 1812/1813.

Use a different PREFIX (e.g. /test) directory when you compile so it
cannot overwrite any of your existing setup, then you can "make install"
to your heart's content.  Then get your configs all setup for different
ports and you should not be interfering with the existing cistron.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator