Is it easy convert? I did a google search to find out about converting IIS certificates to Apache and all the results I got back made it sound like rocket science.

Anyway, what's special about the cert is that Winblows XP clients require it to have a special extended key usage attribute. The scripts in the Freeradius source distribution that generate a self signed cert include the attribute during the signing phase.