Paul Hampson wrote:
...snip...

_I_ haven't tested against the lastest release of FreeBSD. I'd welcome
any improvements to the thread-safety of FreeRADIUS, so if you want to
test it out and suggest changes that don't break any other versions of
FreeBSD, any other BSD flavours, and (if possible) Tru64 and OS/X...

However, given that we're ramping up to a release, I'd rather not
duplicate the 0.9 series's tendancy to need autoconf fixes for
gethostby* immediately after _each_ release. If we have something safe-
looking before we start the pre release cycle, and it gets _tested_ by
various FreeBSD and other bodies, then maybe. :-)

...snip...

I rebuilt from CVS on 2004Apr20 08:56 MDT, with the usual warnings about *_r possibly not being thread safe, but no errors were generated on FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p1. I did not apply any patches to CVS before I compiled.

This is what I used to configure :

--localstatedir=/var --with-logdir=/var/log/radiusd \ --with-radacctdir=/var/log/radiusd/acct --quiet

I made a couple config changes to enable postgresql auth and acct, then started it, and tested an sql users with an encrypted and clear test passwords, and they both worked. Just to make sure I used some wrong passwords and they were rejected. The postauth table did have entries inserted, but I have not yet tested from a real nas to get accounting records. Accounting did work a month ago, but since then I don't have a nas set aside for testing, and I don't want to mess with a prodution nas right now.

Hope that helps.

I will reconfig for MySQL next and make sure all is well with it too.

Have a nice day.