Hello!

I'm currently wrestling with improving our wireless LAN security and
decided to try out FreeRADIUS to integrate 802.1x authentication with our
existing Samba domain controller.

Unfortunatley I can't get it to work... :~(

Here's my setup:

  Domain controller runs Samba 2.2.8a.

  The FreeRADIUS server runs CVS snapshot 20040526 and Samba 3.0.2a with
  winbindd and ntlm_auth up and running.

  The access point is an HP 520wl with a 802.11a radio.

  A laptop running Windows XP with a 3com A/B/G card.

Initially I had some trouble getting ntlm_auth accepting the username
given to it (on the form domain\\username). I ended upp writing a small
script that chopped of the domain\\ part before sending it to ntlm_auth, I
also had to add --domain=mydomain to the commandline.

After that everything looks ok in the FreeRADIUS log, it seems to properly
authenticate the user and is generally happy as a clam (requests 1-6 in
the log).

Unfortunatley the Windows XP client logs the following line:

[1440] 19:02:18:161: Failing Auth because we got a success/fail without TLV.

On the second try (requests 7-27) to authenticate there are a couple of
rejects but I'm unable to acertain why.

I've placed the relevant logs and configs on my webpage:

FreeRADIUS log  http://www.chl.chalmers.se/~ohrn/radius/radiusd.log
Main config     http://www.chl.chalmers.se/~ohrn/radius/radiusd.conf
EAP config      http://www.chl.chalmers.se/~ohrn/radius/eap.conf

Windows XP log  http://www.chl.chalmers.se/~ohrn/radius/EAPOL.LOG
                http://www.chl.chalmers.se/~ohrn/radius/RASTLS.LOG

If someone has any ideas on how to troubleshoot this I'd greatly
appreciate it.

Regards,
Fredrik

--
   If it's such a good idea, I expect that management will be joining us.

Fredrik Öhrn                               Chalmers University of Technology
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                                  Sweden