hi

If I set up my access point as a Wireless Domain Service, it can
communicate with the FreeRADIUS server, no problem. So, there aren't any
communication blocks going on here. The odd things is that I've followed

well, i don't know what WDS is (if you have any futher info on this, i'm always glad to learn). it could be in TCP though and thus go through NAT while radius traffic would not.

many different how-to's on Cisco/EAP, but still no luck.
Anyway, I know this is out of scope but if someone has worked with this
configuration and could help me out it would be most appreciated.

actually, there is hardly anothing to configure.

- you put a radius server with a shared secret into your Cisco AP
- you say that this server is used for EAP auth
- you say that your SSID your_ssid is using Open Auth with EAP.
- you add the current cisco IP to the freeradius' clients file, along with the same shared secret
- you are the man who has all working.

probably you also want to activate link encryption and to use dynamic WEP keys etc. but strictly spoken this has little to do with the first and most important phase.

ciao artur