hi

Epp, Ladd J wrote:

Turns out that the wireless adapter I was using wasn't working right
with EAP.  I'm not sure why.  I finally got a hold of a Cisco 350
PCMCIA card and it worked almost immediately using the XP supplicant.

well, that's surprising: my cisco 350 would not do dynamic WEP with xsupplicant. it does the authentication but not the new key setting. how did you get to do that? do you use dynamic WEP?

It's kind of frustrating to realize that some wireless adapters work
with 802.1x, and others don't. It seems logical to me that the

well, that can be e.g. a firmware issue of the card.

supplicant would control all aspects of authentication.  Obviously
this isn't the case.

supplicant??? you mean authenticator, don't you? well, the authenticator does control a lot but if the supplicant is not responding correctly, it does not care. the authenticator is like a bouncer at the disco entry: he wouldn't let you in if you do not know the boss but he does nothing if you are not even trying to come in.

ciao artur